Have you enjoyed reading our recent blog posts, which have discussed various ways in which you can make your home more energy-efficient and provided a surface overview of the history and development of the energy sources that power our homes and businesses today? If you would like to learn more about either of these topics, then explore the resources provided below. If you are a resident of Central or South Florida who is looking to make your home as energy efficient as possible, Florida Public Utilities Company can help. Call (561) 832-0872 to find out about our natural gas and propane services.
- Read this Energy Tribune article to learn about the development and evolution of the major energy sources that have been used over the past two centuries.
- Visit earthadvantage.org to learn about the value of building a green home or office.
- For a comprehensive history of energy use in the United States, check out this graph-accompanied article at Geology.com.
- At EnergyCircle.com, you can learn more about the importance of having an energy checkup performed on your residential or commercial property.
- The Franklin Institute is another great resource for those who are curious to learn more about the history of energy.
- Not all energy-efficient homes are quite as eco-friendly as the one featured in this Mother Earth News article. But if you would like to construct a home that will help you keep your carbon footprint to a bare minimum, a green builder and your local utilities provider can help.